Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our house, in the middle of the street, Our house!

Ok, I meant to show my sister how cheaply you can get away with things for a toddlers room.

She recently found out she is pregnant, my baby sis is going to be a mummy, and she said she is not going to go full out to make a baby room.

I mentioned I didn't either for my kids, I had a few cute things but did not the whole room, paint the walls etc etc thing. When little man came along the study housed his cot for a few months until we decided the study will move to the dinning room and he can have his own. I did not buy any furniture but used an extra vegetable rack for his nappies and clothes and the change table had compartments where any other baby stuff went into, you'll see the pics later, and up to now I still use it. For a little boy he don't need much, T-shirts, shorts, few warm tops now in summer incase it gets cold, undies, socks and shoes. His few neat shirts hangs in older teens closet to stay neat and clean and I find the rack I uses also gives him easy quick access to his clothes. He can easily go and change out of his PJ's first thing in the morning or after his bath, it's all just there for him, no climbing into cuboards to reach high racks or pulling open heavy drawers.


So while I was snapping away I remember Lee showed his study off the other day and I got this brain wave to introduce a typical Aussie home to all my bloggy friends who might be wondering how we life here in Aussieland.




Teen boy, always the artist and neat one.







Teen daughter, pretty in pink.
(I love how her room is slash young girl/slash typical teenager and the lipsticks and nail polish starts becomming part of her belongings.)

Parent domian.

The laundry.
(I use those veggie racks every where, here they do as garden-shoes rack)

Kitchen.
(Very 70's)

Dinning room /Study at the moment.
(That's the kitchen's bench in the front of the pic, it's all one big area - I don't particularly like it much but it's great to social in).

Lounge
(Little man watching a DVD)

Our garden looks very good at the moment too so I did a few out doors pics too.

Street view from front yard.

Our house's front
(Brown stains on walls are from bore water coming from sprinkles)

Sorry, a bit out of focus

New Petunia seedlings I've planted for Summer.